Google (GOOG) recently forked over an astonishing $750 million for Silicon Valley’s AdMob, a Quattro competitor, which Apple (AAPL) had also made a bid to acquire.
Both innovative start-ups are aimed squarely at the fast-growing market to advertise on smartphones, such as Apple’s iPhone and Google’s Android devices.
I do not like this at all.
Apple and Google are two of the smartest and most nimble companies on this planet.
They are now revealing they see the same economic future I’ve been seeing.
* We’re all shit poor
* We can’t afford shiny devices
* We can have the shiny devices for free if we are bitches to their ads
* The ads will be intrusive and inescapable
* Some ads will require “opting-in”
* Every ad will cause a privacy invasion
* No ads, no opting in, no services: no voice, no data, no nothin’
* Apple and Google have more data about us than every government agency
Some disgusting fanboiz out there will cheer each company for their foresight, so they can keep up their supply of shiny toys.
I wasn’t put on this earth to be anyone’s ad bitch.